Why do you see “Instagram post could not be shared” error, and how to fix it the quick way? In this article, we will guide you on resolving this common issue when Instagram is not working as expected. Instagram has become an essential part of our social media landscape, facilitating all the valuable connections and interactions through visual content. However, as with any digital platform, Instagram may encounter occasional glitches and problems, and oh boy, they do happen all the time.
We’ll address this common Instagram-related issue and equip you with effective solutions to overcome them. Let’s delve into troubleshooting Instagram like a pro!
You might see this error for various reasons, but let’s discuss the most common ones.
- Posting Multiple Images or Videos at Once: Instagram has restrictions on the number of photos or videos you can post in a single share. If you try to share more than 10 photos or videos simultaneously, you might receive this frustrating “Your post could not be shared” error.
- Unsupported File Format: Instagram requires photos and videos to be in specific file formats. If your content is not in the accepted format, Instagram won’t allow you to post it, and you’ll see the notification, “Your post could not be shared. Please try again.”
- Media Size: Bad news – the size of your image or video can also lead to this error. Make sure your media files meet Instagram’s size requirements. Videos, for instance, should not exceed a certain file size or duration.
- Image Dimensions: Instagram has specific guidelines for image dimensions. For photos, ensure that the dimensions fall within the range of 330 to 1080 pixels.
- Instagram Service Outage: Sometimes, Instagram experiences downtime or technical issues. If the platform is down, you won’t be able to perform any actions on the app, including posting content.
To avoid this error, follow Instagram’s posting guidelines and ensure your media files comply with their format, size, and dimension requirements! Also, you can check Instagram’s status to confirm if the platform is operational when you encounter this issue.
Q&A – Let’s Discuss Your Questions!
What is the maximum file size for Instagram?
If a post is not configured with the “Public” audience visibility option, it won’t be visible to all users on the platform. That’s why, if you find that you can’t share someone’s post, it’s highly probable that they have adjusted their privacy settings accordingly.
- Guide: How to Reply to a Message on Instagram? - December 8, 2023
- 3 Solutions: How to Put a Full Reel on Instagram Story? - December 5, 2023
- [Guide]: How to Add More Than One Photo to Instagram Story and Instagram Post - December 5, 2023